Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Gratitude Journaling





Gratitude Journaling

Wouldn't it be great if every day you could wake up giving thanks for everything you have? And from that place of fullness you could reflect on what you would like to offer?  I have a practice that helps me stay in that place of gratitude.  It's a gratitude journaling!

I used to have a little book that I would write in each day, but since I travel so much (yes, I still offer bodywork in Denver, Boulder, and Chicago), I send myself an email every night writing down at least one thing that I am grateful for from my day. Sometimes my list goes on and I list five things, and sometimes it's just one simple thing.  Here are some examples:

"I'm grateful for the smile on my neighbors face when I loaned her my drill."

"I loved hearing my massage client snore on the table!"
"My stomach hurts from laughing so hard with my nephew!"

"I loved the feeling of my hands running through the soft fur on my friend's dog."






And even if something "bad" happens during my day, I try to think of something I can be grateful for... for example:


"I'm thankful that my flat tire got repaired in time for me to get to work just a little late!"

or

"I'm grateful that my overdraft protection prevented me from having a bigger fine from my bank today."

Still can't find something to be grateful for?  Try answering some of these questions:

  1. Who do I appreciate?
  2. How am I fortunate?
  3. What relationships am I thankful for?
  4. What am I able to offer others that I am grateful for?
And I have found that when I focus on looking for something to be grateful for during my day instead of what was "missing", my happiness expands, and I am more satisfied with my life!  I hope you enjoy gratitude journaling or emailing... let me know if you notice your stress levels going down!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura Rose

www.listeningtouch.org

No comments:

Post a Comment